Thursday, December 27, 2012

The 12 Days of Jebmas

Well it's almost January, and another Jebmas has came and went. As a quick recap, I am part of an illustrator collective called Jeb Kennedy that consists of three other illustrators and myself. Every year we count down from twelve days until Christmas with a little twist on the usual days themes with themes of our own in the annual 12 Days of Jebmas!

Last year, my days were day 3, (3 Swine a Surfing), 7, (7 Spewing Silkworms), and 11, (11 Bahum Bugs), and my fellow Jebs covered the other days, with three days each.

This year we all moved our days up one, leaving me with days 4, 8, and 12. I'm happy to look back on this new batch of Jebmas art and see how much we have all improved in our art. Jebmas was really fun this year, you guys.

Below are my Jebmas days, but if you'd like to check out the other nine days, please please visit the Jeb blog here.


Day 4:



Day 8:



Day 12:




ALSO, we were so very blessed to have some of our best pals from the band, Bear Suit Sucker Punch, record the 12 Days of Jebmas song. I had the idea of asking them to do it because I knew they're craziness was perfect for the job, but the end result was so much better than I even imagined. Recorded on a laptop in a bedroom, you can tell these guys just had fun with it and the spirit of Jebmas really shows through. Thanks again, Hans, Drew, and Tyler.

Below is a video of the song with the Jebmas art to go along with it. Also, BSSP is a really rad punk band that actually has original material that's non-Jeb related. It's sure to knock your socks off and slap you with them. Check them out here or here or here or here.


No comments:

Post a Comment